We are committed to a holistic approach to therapy. Surgery remains the last resort to improve or to cure an ailment.
We operate as a team, mostly at the Private Clinic Wehrle-Diakonissen in Aigen. We do spine surgery which requires decompressions and stabilization for degenerative or traumatic disease. Micro-surgical approaches are common. For seniors we prefer minimally invasive surgery.
What does minimal invasive mean?
- … as small an incision as possible
- … very little blood loss
- … short anesthesia
- … rapid mobilization (possibly the same day)
- … short stay
- … quick recovery and return to home
In some cases complex surgery is necessary. In seniors, operations as listed below are feasible and reasonable.
Types of Surgery We Perform:
- Decompression and Fusion for the Lumbar Spine such as PLIF (Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion)
- TLIF (Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion)
- Anterior and posterior Decompression 0f the cervical spine
- Microsurgical Decompression or Discectomies of the lumbar spine
- Decompression of peripheral nerves (for example, carpal tunnel syndrome )
- Creating a ventriculoperitoneal shunt
- Craniotomy or bur hole drainage for subdural hematoma