Prior to choosing surgery, we will exhaust conservative treatments as much as possible. Surgery is the last resort and is best used when pure necessity dictates it.
WHAT TYPES OF CONSERVATIVE TREATMENTS ARE THERE?
Minimally invasive pain therapy
- X-ray targeted injections
- Injections/infiltration to the small vertebral joints
- Injections/infiltration of the nerve roots
- Contrast-assisted imaging of spinal canal stenosis combined with cortisone injection (single-shot therapy)
Holistic approach to therapy
- Review of the list of medications
- Encouragement to facilitate self-healing powers
- Assistance in implementing a more active life
- Discussion of new goals